Hi, and welcome to my new blog! I’ve written this first post to help you imagine the person behind the lens before we meet.
- I’m a Yorkshire lass, now living in the Midlands
- I scoot with my two boys on the school run so I can keep up
- I cook a mean Ragu
- I like an Earl Grey tea – or a hot chocolate if it’s really chilly!
- Friends would describe me as fun, courageous and down to earth
- Bike rides and picnics with my family
- Eating cake (oh my goodness, I love cake!)
- Anything that keeps me warm and cosy
- My garden in the late summer sun
- Being by the sea and seeing the colours transformed by the changing light
Why am I a Photographer?
I never imagined I would become a photographer but as a parent I wanted to tell the story of my children growing up through images. I became frustrated with the camera we had and bought a DSLR. I soon realised that using a more expensive camera on automatic mode wasn’t going to cut it either and so I became determined to learn how to use it properly. And so, a lifetime’s journey began of learning, education and always seeking inspiration to capture beauty and moments that can be treasured way beyond the moment the shutter clicks.
When I’m creating lifestyle portraits I love to capture people’s beauty and their connection with loved ones. I want to capture yours and show it back to you! Imagery is powerful in the business world too and capturing the essence of a business, and the person or people behind it, is something I really enjoy doing.
Why am I Blogging?
I’m glad you asked! I’ll be posting some of my recent work, guest posts, seasonal inspiration and exploring some new genres of photography. I’d love you to join me in my photography journey – so don’t be shy, please post any comments and let me know if you have any ideas, I’d love to know what you think.
I’m looking forward to welcoming new clients into my business and working with other businesses that I can collaborate with too. Take a look at a selection of my portrait and commercial work to see if my style would be a good fit for you. Who knows what creative projects await? I’m looking forward to meeting you all!
Until next time…